A lot of individuals or businesses have started using Zoom call as a source of connectivity. It has become a popular platform as it helps in video conferencing with a lot of participants at once, therefore, making it easy for you to interact as well as save time.
Zoom call can occur with audio or video issues sometimes that can be fixed instantly with the right guidance. Thus, below mentioned are the tips for troubleshooting your Zoom application:
Check for system requirements
It doesn’t matter if your device is working fine and you have the application, the system demands more than that. It is essential to keep your application up-to-date for a better and smooth experience.
The steps to update the Zoom app on an Android are:
- Open the ‘Play Store.’
- On the top left side of the window, click on the ‘Options’ icon.
- Tap on ‘My apps & Games’ to look for the pending updates of the apps downloaded in your phone.
- Locate the ‘Zoom’ option and tap on the ‘Update’ button next to it.
- You can always set the option to automatic updates rather than manually updating each time you face an error using the app. To set the automatic updates option, go to the ‘Settings’ tab under the ‘Options’ toolbar, and turn on the ‘Auto-update apps’ option.
The steps to update the Zoom app on an iPhone are:
- Open the ‘App Store.’
- Click on your profile present on the top right of the screen.
- The next window has a list of options of the apps pending to be updated. Click on the ‘Update’ button next to the app name.
Check for network connection
Zoom requires an Internet connection as well. It would be best if you had a decent connection for the application to work properly without any interference. To check the speed of the Internet online, open the ‘Speedtest’ site and click on the ‘Go’ button. It will take a few seconds to show you the speed of the Internet.
Improve the performance of the app
Changing a few settings for your Zoom application can improve its performance. The very first step to follow is to remove the ‘HD’ and ‘Touch up my appearance’ settings. the steps to disable the two above mentioned settings are:
- Go to the Zoom application and click on the ‘Settings’ icon, present in the form of a gear.
- Click on the ‘Video’ tab from the toolbar present on the left side of the screen.
- The next window will hold the settings for ‘HD’ and ‘Touch up my appearance.’ Tap on the checkbox to uncheck these settings.
Improve the audio of the Zoom app
You might have come across issues like echoing of the audio or that irritating screeching-noise while on a call. The reasons for such audio issues could be:
- More than one audio device being used in the same room.
- Logged in with computer and phone at the same time, and audio enabled for both.
- Gadgets placed too near to each other.
It is advised to avoid all the three situations as mentioned above to prevent disturbance in the audio while on a call.
Your video is turned off
If your video is not live on the screen, check for its control button. Make sure the video is not turned off. Tap on the ‘Start Video’ icon to turn on the video.
There are different camera options available in the Zoom app. Make sure you’re connected to the right one. You can change the same by visiting the ‘Video Settings’ option.
Another way to troubleshoot the video issue is by checking if any other app is currently using the camera. Turn the other app off to use the camera in the Zoom app. If none of the above methods work, turn off your device and restart again.