Ever thought of moving background images or any changing to any other background than the ordinary one, while you’re video calling? For instance, if you have a messy room and do not have time to clean it up, on the other hand, you have got a meeting fixed, what would you prefer? Changing the background or cleaning the room? Of course, changing the background will help.
This is very easy to do with Microsoft Teams, that enables you to change the background from a list it provides, while on a video call. Not only this, but you can also browse and select the background of your choice as well.
Let us begin with discussing how to set up a custom background on Microsoft Teams.
How to set a custom background of your own choice?
The steps to upload a custom background by browsing on your computer is a complex process, but you can set it up if you exactly go through the method mentioned below.
- Go to the ‘File Explorer’ and click on the ‘This PC’ button.
- The windows will appear with different folders, select ‘windows C’ folder from the same.
- Now, go to the ‘User Folder’ and locate your profile. Click on your ‘User Profile.
- In the ‘File Explorer’ window, click on the ‘View’ tab on the top of the screen.
- A checkbox will appear named ‘Hidden Items.’ Tap on the checkbox to mark it as a yes.
- Once you’ve checked the hidden items, open the ‘App Data’ folder which will only appear if you follow the last step.
- Next, go to the ‘Roaming’ folder.
- A ‘Microsoft’ folder will appear on the screen. Click on the same.
Note: ‘Microsoft’ and ‘Microsoft Teams’ are two different folders.
- In the ‘Microsoft’ tab, click on the ‘Teams’ folder.
- A file named ‘Backgrounds’ will appear. Click and go to the ‘Backgrounds.’
- In the ‘Uploads’ file, put an image that you want to display while on a video call.
- Select the ‘Pin to Quick Access’ option by right-clicking on the ‘Uploads’ file.
Pinning the folder will make it appear on the sidebar of the ‘File Explorer,’ and you won’t have to go through this whole process the next time.
How to set a Custom background within Microsoft Teams?
The steps to upload a custom background within Microsoft Teams are:
- While on a video call, tap on the ‘More Options’ button which appears as three dots on the screen.
- Click on ‘Show Background Effects.’
- Select the image you want to use as your background.
- With the help of the ‘Preview’ button, you can view how the image will look before actually setting it as your background.
- Click on the ‘Apply’ button to confirm using the image. If your webcam is turned off while on a video call, click on the ‘Apply and turn on video’ option to confirm the image to put as your background and turn the video on.