Microsoft is struggling each coming day to deliver the best features to its users with the help of compatible devices. Just like the App Store of Mac devices provided by Apple, Microsoft also wants to attract its consumers by providing attractive apps and programs, especially for the recent Windows edition that is Windows 10. The library of Microsoft is highly populated with several apps and programs that we like to use most such as Netflix, Facebook, Hulu etc.
Android users are waiting for such features by which they can run their Android apps directly on their Windows PC running on Windows 10 OS.
Ways to use Android Apps on Windows
There are several methods to use your favourite Android apps directly on your Windows machine such as third party software because transferring apps from tablet or smartphone are not the natural process like installing directly on a desktop device.
One can use dual boosting programs and various emulators to use and run Android apps directly on a Windows device. In order to make things easier to read and apply on your device, we are providing several methods and utilities to install and use Android apps directly on the Windows 10 device.
Using Bluestacks Emulator
It’s one of the most used and powerful emulators for Android devices and apps that enables the users to run various games and apps for Android edition 7.1.2 directly on Windows devices.
The “Bluestacks App Player” is free to use an emulator that provides easy access to emulation settings and opens various Android apps through customized interface features. It uses the technology “Layercake” that helps the hardware of the respective device to enhance and upgrade the entire performance of Android games that are running on systems based on Windows.
In case you own Twitch or Facebook account having a PC with over 8GB of storage capacity. You may broadcast various apps and games directly from the window screen of Bluestacks. For high performance, you can opt for enabling Intel VT-x and AMD-V into the BIOS section if present.
This emulator also offers various subscription plans and provides premium subscription services with interesting offers via app developers.
If you want to install Bluestacks on your pc, then follow these instructions:
- First and foremost, download the installer via the Bluestacks official site.
- Then, you have to expand the install app and select the storage location for the respective app and data files. The Bluestacks directory will automatically install to the boot drive of your machine. You can’t make modifications in it.
- When Bluestacks installs on your device, then you need to launch it and then type the necessary credentials related to Google Account. You will further need this data to get signed in to the Google Play Store and then access the entire library of Android apps.
Dual Booting Process
There is another method to run Android apps directly on Windows 10: Dual Booting process. It’s the alternative to Android emulators that enables the user to get the latest edition of Android, but some of the previous setups will be involved in it. This process is known as Dual Booting. This process can transform the PC into an android device. You will be facilitated with the option to boot into the Android system when you wish to move to another device from your android mobile.
The whole process is not so easy as all the equipment, utilities such as your system processors, graphics card and hard drives must be added to your android device via the third-party developer. You will need to search for the custom distribution feature that accepts your system.
Here are some third party apps with relevant methods that make your system an android device with ease.
Using Phoenix OS
It’s a complete Full Android 7.1 or 5.1 OS that can run on your Windows PC. This app provides both the functionalities: An Android and Desktop OS to your Computer.
In order to set up Phoenix OS with your system, follow these guidelines:
- First and foremost, navigate to the download page of Phoenix OS and then download the recent updated edition of compatible Phoenix installer for your device. You have to select the ISO and EXE file for your desired Android edition. We are selecting the installer having Android 7.1 and 5.1 editions.
- After that, you have to create a new partition for your Phoenix OS.
- Then, execute the installer of Phoenix OS and then install it on your machine’s new partition. You may also create a bootable USB drive having Phoenix OS and then install it on boot.
- Next, select the volume letter and the size for the desired volume.
- Now, wait for the complete installation procedure to finish and then reboot the device. Once the PC restarts, select the Phoenix OS by navigating the boot menu.
- The recent edition of Phoenix OS comes with Google Play Store and its premium features. So, it is recommended to download Android apps from there and then run on your Windows PC.
Installing Android –x86
It’s another method to use Android apps on your Windows machine. You can follow these guidelines if you wish to install “Android-x86” on your device:
- First and foremost, ensure that you have free space of at least 2GB left on the hard drive for downloading the Android-x86 ISO. In case, the device is not showing the project name “Android-x86 ISO” then you have to download the generic data of the same.
- Now, download the “UNetbootin” on your system. Then, launch it and then choose the “Android-x86 ISO” file that you have downloaded earlier.
- Choose the USB Drive from the available listings there.
- Now, press the OK button to continue.
- Next, wait for the UNetbootin in order to prepare a copy and install Android-x86 to the respective flash drive.
- After that, reboot the device and choose the option “Boot to the Boot Device Selection.”
- Choose the flash drive there.
- Navigate to the menu “UNetbootin” and then choose the tab “Install Android-x86” to the hard drive.
- Then, choose the partition or the location to which you wish to get it installed. A prompt will appear asking whether you wish to format the entire disk. Hit the No tab if you are not sure.
- Tap on Yes to install GRUB and then choose Yes tab.
- Choose the Yes tab once the prompt asks if you desire to “make a system r/w” that enables you to read and write data to your hard disk.
- Reboot the device at last for the second time. Once it gets installed, use the Google Play Store to install apps and use them on your Windows device.