The Windows Credential Manager saves this sign-in information for sites, mapped drivers, servers, and location of the network. All the details get saved and organized by the PC automatically. If you want to add, remove, and edit Credential Manager in Windows, then follow the instructions mentioned in this article.
Here’s how to add, remove and edit Credential Manager in Windows
• Firstly, click on the Windows and S keys together.
• Enter ‘Windows Credential Manager.’
• You need to enter it in the Cortana text field.
• Press on the Manager Windows Credentials.
• It will launch the window which is given in the snapshot.
• The Web Credentials and Windows Credentials options are included in windows.
• You will get the site account sign in information.
• Make sure the websites will only get launched in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer window.
• Enter the new site’s sign-in information.
• But you can remove site information by choosing one of the options.
• Press on the Remove and Yes option to verify.
• Go through the site passwords by pressing on the Show option.
• After that, type the password registered with the user account.
• In case you have to change the Homegroup network login information.
• Change the sign-in information.
• You need to choose the entry to enlarge it.
• After that, press on the Edit option.
• It will launch a new window where you have to type the new sign-in information.
• For removing the entry, choose it.
• After that, press on the Remove option.
• Enter the new details by pressing on the Add a Windows information.
• Additionally, press on the Add a generic credential option.
• It will launch the window given in the snapshot.
• Enter the three-section located in the window.
• Click on the OK option.
Steps to open Credential Manager in Windows with the Command Prompt
1. It will launch the Credential Manager in Windows with a Command Prompt.
2. Click on the Windows and X keys together.
3. After that, choose the Command Prompt to launch it.
4. Then, click on ‘rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr’ into a Command Prompt.
5. Click on the Enter option.
6. You will find that this window is similar to the Credential Manager in Windows.
7. Now, you will get the menu list where all the sign-in details are given. 8. Press on the Edit, Remove and add options to customize, remove, or save new sign-in information.